Do you ever find yourself asking WHY?
Why are things not happening for me?
Why do your friends not invite you to be part of their sports team or group?
Why do I not get referrals when I’m out networking or part of a business group?
Why did they not refer me for the job?
Whether it’s personally or professionally, if you are growing a community, a team, a charity, a church, a new relationship or friendship, a business, a business group, or network, if it’s not working I find it helpful to step back and ask,
What message are you sending?
Are you too busy?
- Have you become comfortable saying you are ” too busy”?
- Do your friends, family, clients feel that they would be adding to that overwhelm? (maybe they even just want to hang but you are always too busy)
- Do you overbook yourself and always on the run?
How do you present yourself?
- Do you look good and portray the proper image personally and professionally?
- You look and smell great?
- You are always wearing a Smile, have a firm handshake, positive attitude and look people in the eye?
Are you accountable?
- Do you show up to events, meetings and appointments on time?
- Are you prepared?
- Do you follow through with what you say you will do, people know they can count on you?
Are you listening?
- Are you paying attention and “all in” when someone is talking to you?
- Do you understand what your friend, customer or business associate really needs and how you can help?
- Do you understand who else could help them, and showing you really do care?
Is your message clear?
- Is the message you are delivering meaningful and clear?
- Is there a call to action or process in place to help them navigate your offering?
- Do they understand who you can help and how?
Are you giving?
- Do they see you as that person that helps everyone?
- You take the time to really get to know them and help/refer people that can provide solutions for their needs?
- Are you standing out as the “go to” person.
Do you ask for help?
- For referrals to people that can help the people you know and are meeting?
- For people that you can collaborate with or use services to make your business or personal life more efficient?
- Have you mastered the skill of asking the right questions to direct your connections to opportunities that allow them to help you?
When you have a problem – you may be pleasantly surprised to find a solution by asking yourself the above questions,
What message are you sending?
If you’re a business check this out and join us for an upcoming event GR Business Networking
GR Business Networking
I would love to introduce you to the people I know in Ottawa!
Whether you are attending a networking event or part of a business group here’s 5 great ways to save you time, have you standing out and creating some great networking habits for success!
Grow your network = Grow your biz!
1 – REACH OUT
“SAVE TIME” by scheduling in your meetings/events and leaving extra time for connecting before and after the event. Learn who will be in attendance ahead of time, who you really want to meet, then reach out and book your “coffee chat” for before or after. This will also confirm and guarantee attendance as they already have someone to connect with plus save you time going elsewhere for a “coffee chat”
Continue reading “5 success tips to help you “Save time” “Stand out” & create great “Networking habits””
Like a wise person once said “You can’t know where you’re going unless you know where you have been!”
As business owners it’s so important to take time to reflect, exercises like this will help you gain clarity and insight to where you are heading and what you need to do. What’s working? What’s not? How are you? Personally? Professionally? Are you running with a full tank or are you running on empty? Continue reading “5 keywords to help you gain insight and have a clearer vision for your future.”
If you are in business and want to leverage your time one of the most effective ways to do this is to be part of a team.
Being on a team gives you more time to be “working on” your business as opposed to “working in” your business.
Continue reading “How to turn 5 calls a day into 1000 per month to meet new clients”
First things first, write that down and make it your daily mantra!
“I am a magnet for referrals and opening the door to opportunity!”
Continue reading “I am a magnet for referrals and opening the door to opportunity……..”
System and Processes – do they continue even when you can’t?
Continue reading “Do you have a plan for the unexpected?”
I am not sure who originally created this acronym but I am particularly fond of it. It is not only a great way to start a conversation and communicate, but it is a great way to uncover facts and understand the people you are connecting with.
Continue reading “F.O.R.M. Getting to know you!”
How does your garden grow?
Spring is in the air, oh the smells and sounds of new beginnings, can you feel it? It’s my favourite season of the year, you can literally hear, smell and see growth all around you, time to think, what seeds are you going to plant this year?
Whether you’re planting seeds to grow a garden, your business, a group, here’s a few things to think about.
Continue reading “How does your garden grow?”
Let’s talk Referrals!
It’s a great compliment to get a referral from a trusted client, friend or colleague. It validates that YOU are doing it right, they “like, know and trust” YOU, and really it’s not about the product, it’s about YOU. Yes “YOU” have become the product! Continue reading “Referrals – by-products of a relationship”
This blog is about a great team building exercise that you can use when you are part of a group. It helps uncover issues that need to be addressed and then a brainstorming session that offers solutions. For this particular circumstance let’s think about a business networking group. Continue reading “Have you participated in a Mastermind?”